Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, tomato soup. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Tomato soup is a soup made with tomatoes as the primary ingredient. It may be served hot or cold in a bowl, and may be made in a variety of ways. It may be smooth in texture, and there are also recipes that include chunks of tomato, cream, chicken or vegetable stock, vermicelli.
Tomato Soup is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Tomato Soup is something that I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have tomato soup using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Tomato Soup:
- Take 1 medium Fennel bulb
- Take 1 medium Yellow onion
- Get 3 tbsp Olive oil
- Get 3 clove Garlic
- Prepare 2 medium Tomatoes
- Take 28 oz Canned tomatoes
- Make ready 1/2 cup Red Wine
- Make ready 1 Pepper
- Get 1 Salt
This tomato soup recipe is ultra creamy, but not full of cream—watch this short recipe video to see how. Silky tomato soup is like the little black dress of soups. Unadorned and paired with a grilled cheese sandwich, it's a comforting lunch. This is my best tomato soup recipe with a simple but delicious twist which starts by roasting tomato and garlic for seriously intense flavour!
Instructions to make Tomato Soup:
- Gather your main ingredients.
- Slice up the fennel and onion. Fine slices work best because they will cook down easier, but it's all going in the blender in the end, so don't stress yourself out.
- Add your olive oil to a sauce pot over low heat. Slide in the sliced onion and fennel. Let the vegetables wilt gently, stirring occasionally. Your kitchen is about to smell really good.
- When the fennel and onion are tender, almost melting into the olive oil, crush your garlic roughly with the back of your knife and toss it in.
- Dice up the fresh tomatoes. When you can smell the garlic in the pan, toss in the fresh tomato. Fresh tomato isn't crucial to this recipe by any means. I think it adds something, but it's probably imperceptible in the final product.
- Let the fresh tomatoes cook down a moment, and add in your red wine. Let the wine simmer down, just to cook off most of the alcohol.
- Add the canned tomatoes. Simmer gently for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Carefully transfer your soup to a blender. If you've never blended a hot liquid before, you're in for a treat (i.e. you may want to toss it in the fridge for a bit to not risk disaster). Make sure the lid is on nice and tight. You probably wanna throw a dish towel over the top for good measure. Make sure your blender is on it's lowest setting. Pulse a couple of times to test the waters. When you think she can take it, start giving her more power. If you can get up to 30 seconds on high power, your soup is probably pretty smooth. Pour it back into the pot.
- Adjust the seasoning and send it out. I served this batch with some greek yogurt and rendered bacon for garnishing.
You wouldn't think that three ingredients — butter, onion, and tomato — can come together to make such a velvety and delicious tomato soup, but let me tell you. Creamy Tomato Soup with Buttery Croutons. Back to Creamy Tomato Soup with Buttery Croutons. Tomato soup is a healthy, low-calorie comfort food. It is also a great way to warm up on a rainy day and it goes perfectly with grilled cheese sandwiches or Parmesan crisps.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food tomato soup recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!