Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, puttu kadala (steamed rice cake and chickpea curry)kerala breakfast. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Puttu kadala (steamed rice cake and chickpea curry)Kerala Breakfast is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Puttu kadala (steamed rice cake and chickpea curry)Kerala Breakfast is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
Traditional Kerala breakfast puttu and kadala curry. Please try this at home and let me know your comments. Do not forget to subscribe to my channel.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have puttu kadala (steamed rice cake and chickpea curry)kerala breakfast using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Puttu kadala (steamed rice cake and chickpea curry)Kerala Breakfast:
- Make ready Puttu Powder / Rice powder
- Make ready Grated Coconut
- Get Water as required
- Prepare Salt
- Take Chickpea Curry
- Take Boiled Chickpea
- Make ready Onion
- Get Tomato
- Make ready &1/2Tsp Chilli Powder
- Get Coriander Powder
- Make ready Turmeric
- Take Salt
- Take Grated coconut
- Prepare tspGinger Garlic Paste
- Get Oil
- Get Mustard seed
- Take Curry
- Make ready dry red chilli
- Get small onion / Shallots
Puttu is my all time favorite weekend breakfast. Mom usually makes it on Saturdays and even I am I have tasted this Kadala Curry in few Kerala restaurants when I was a kid. After that mom makes it Labels: Black Chickpea curry for Steamed Rice Cake , Kerala Kadala Curry for Puttu , Puttu. Puttu or steamed rice cake is a popular breakfast dish of Kerala.
Steps to make Puttu kadala (steamed rice cake and chickpea curry)Kerala Breakfast:
- In a bowl add the Puttu powder,salt and add water little by little it just have to be wet but not too much and close and keep for while.
- Heat the Puttu vessel add one layer coconut grated and then add puttu powder half and repeat till its full.Close the lid and steam for 10 min and remove.
- Chickpea Curry : Add chickpea,onion,tomato,turmeric,salt,chilli powder,coriander powder and ginger garlic paste and put whistle till it’s cooked.
- Mean while in a pan add some oil add coconut fry for while then add chilli powder,coriander powder salt small onions curry leaves and fry for while turning brown just remove from pan.
- Make a fine paste of coconut and add it to the chickpea and cook till raw smell goes add water for consistency and cook till done.
- In a pan add oil splitter mustard seed,curry leaves,red chilli add it to the curry and close for while.
Puttu with Kadala curry, banana or pappadam is a great combination. Learn how to prepare tasty puttu. For breakfast I prepare puttu to go along with the kadala curry. For lunch, I serve the spicy & aromatic curry with rice or chapatis or pooris. If you are wondering what is puttu, then these are steamed rice & coconut cakes.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food puttu kadala (steamed rice cake and chickpea curry)kerala breakfast recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!